Sunday, January 24, 2010

Boeuf Bourguignon




Taking some inspiration from Julie and Julia and the direction of Ina Garten, I made Boeuf Bourguignon aka beef stew with red wine. It is a culinary endeavor that I had been DYING to try ever since I saw the movie, and my trusty Ina Garten happened to have a recipe for it in Barefoot in Paris (still hording from my mom). It was a tedious step by step process that then required an hour and a half in the oven, but it was well worth the wait. I found that cooking the vegetables in fat rendered from the beef and bacon made the dish rich and flavorful. This dish gets a lot of it's flavor from the sweetness of the carrots and onions. I hardly had to season it, because it was already so rich in flavor from the meet, vegetables and, of course, the wine. A hearty meal for a cold winter Sunday.

Until Next Time,

Nora

1 comment:

  1. that is so funny you posted this, I made the same thing last weekend! I love Ina's Paris cookbook, I do a cross between her recipe and one by Tyler Florence. I ate my stew for several meals in a row!

    ReplyDelete