Thursday, January 28, 2010

Peanut Butter and Jelly Time!


I just wanted to take a moment to pay tribute to the good 'ole PB&J. For some reason, lately I haven't been able to get enough of it. I've been creative too. Of course I've made the standard PB&J sandwiches but have expanded my repertoire to include peanut butter, banana and strawberry paninis, I've smothered crunchy peanut butter and strawberry preserves on toasted English muffins, rice puffs and crackers, layered the combo between sliced bananas, and (sadly) enjoyed peanut butter spoonfuls topped with jelly. After all this you think I'd be sick of this dynamic duo, right? WRONG! I have even discovered a new on the go snack: Peanut Butter and Jelly Lara Bars.

First of all, I must profess my love for Lara bars. They are up there in my top 5 snack bars, and never fail to satisfy me and provide the pick-me-up I'm looking for. Why do I love them so much? They are all natural and organic! If you look at the label you will find the following:dried fruit and nuts. That's it. I feel like I'm spoiling myself but in reality, it is SO good for me. Being the PB&J aficionado that I am, I was skeptical of this bar ACTUALLY tasting like the real deal. I absolutely love the pistachio, peanut butter cookie, cherry pie and cashew cookie Lara bars, so I thought it was worth a try. It is a fusion of ground peanuts, dried cherries and dates...hmmm I had to wonder if it cherries and dates would live up to the "jelly" aspect I was looking for. The bar was slightly crunchy and I could distinctly taste the peanut...and...THE JELLY. PHENOMENAL! I was so excited to see one of my favorite combination in all of it's glory.

Snack-o-licious,

Nora

No comments:

Post a Comment