Thursday, January 28, 2010

Speedy Foodie Dinner: Spicy Shrimp Stirfry with Quinoa




A few days a week I find myself running between meetings and work, with little time to prepare dinner. I am operating on a tight budget (most of which goes to food anyways...I rather buy quality items!) and do not want to unnecessarily spend money on prepared meals. I also hate having dinner well after 9pm. It is with this mentality that I took 20 minutes to fix a quick Spicy Shrimp Stirfry with Quinoa. I used proteins and vegetables I had on hand and decided to make quinoa (nature's perfect protein) instead of rice. I hadn't had quinoa in a while and love it's nutty flavor and slight crunch. It was easy to prepare and a light yet substantial dinner. All I had to do was pack it up, bring it to work, and reheat. I love feeling thrifty and I saved myself some money!

Bye Bye Lame Dinner Blues,

Nora

p.s Note the picture in gladware!! My portable dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment