Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Perfect Snack for a Foodie

I admit I am a bit of a food snob. I love fresh ingredients and anything that is out of the ordinary. I will never substitute fro-yo for ice cream and refuse to order fast food if I can get the authentic-made-to-order-real-deal. I spend WAY too much of my pay check at the grocery store because I tend to buy what is good, not economical. Eating is an experience, so why would I waste that on sub par foods? I apply this attitude not only to meals, but also snack foods. You have to treat your body right, and lets face it most snack foods are either unhealthy, boring or unsatisfying. I am big on snack bars because I am constantly on the run, but quickly lost interest in unsatisfying granola bars, chalky protein bars and hate the dense texture of the ground up fruit-date-nut bars. After much trial and error I finally stumbled upon the perfect snack: Kind Fruit and Nut Bars. They are gluten-free, all natural and completely satisfying. You feel like you are giving your body a treat as you crunch your way through whole pieces of nuts and sweet dried fruits. My personal favorites are Fruit &Nut Delight and Walnut & Date. I am a nutty girl (possible pun intended?) so Fruit and Nut Delight is my ultimate snacking adventure: whole pieces of Brazil nuts, almonds, peanuts and walnuts fused together by raisins and apricots. How could you go wrong? If you haven't heard of this company I suggest firing up Google and checking them out (as soon as you are up to date on all of my blog entries...naturally).

Snack On,
Nora

No comments:

Post a Comment